Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, popularly known as GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, Former Member of Parliament and popular philanthropist., Along with a group of eminent intellectuals and industrialists of Andhra Pradesh. Their mission was to set up a world-class technology and management institution in Visakhapatnam to impart futuristic and comprehensive professional education of global standards with a high sense of discipline and social relevance in a calm andcompetitive environment. GITAM Hyderabad Business School (GITAM HBS), a constituent of GITAM (Deemed to be University), Hyderabad, is an institution of quality management education, research, executive training, and consultancy.
GITAM started with the establishment of a College of Engineering in 1980 offering a few undergraduate engineering programmes. With new expansions in the field of technology, management and various other major fields, numerous new courses and colleges have been added to GITAM. All these institutions have necessary infrastructural facilities in the same campus. GITAM has earned a high reputation of a premier institution in providing quality education in UG, PG and research programmes in Engineering, Management, Science and Pharmacy disciplines not only in Andhra Pradesh but also in other States and abroad. GITAM is a multi-disciplinary Institution offering varied courses in emerging areas that bear a direct relationship to economic growth and development of the society. Most of the programmes that are being offered here constitute a balanced blend of the conventional courses and career-oriented options, although in recent years there has been a tilt towards introduction of more career-oriented options. The curriculum design takes into account the focus on national development. GITAM has got two off- campus one at Hyderabad and Bangalore which was established in 2009 and 2012 respectively.
Programme offered at GITAM HBS
GITAM HBS offers a trimester based two-year full-time MBA programme in management.
The school has an excellent pool of faculty comprising of 40 faculty members, rich in experience and intellectual. Visiting Faculty includes Professors from IIMs, CEOs of top companies and high-level executives from industry.
- With an MBA from GITAM HBS Hyderabad, the highest package you get is up to 16.05 LPA and average package around 5.25 LPA
- Prominent employment recruiter visiting GITAM HBS are, Deloitte, ICICI Bank, Nestle, Vodafone, Axis Bank, Tata Capital Ltd, Tech Mahindra, MRF, Asian Paints, Bajaj Capital, Berger Paints, Adithya Birla Group, and KPMG.
Awards and recognition:
The school was awarded ASSOCHAM national excellence award 2016 under the category of best b-school for promoting research and Silicon India’s “What if not IIMs B-School Survey 2016”:HBS is at the 16th Position at the national level in the All India B-School Ranking 2016 and Under Placements, HBS has bagged the 8th Rank.
GITAM HBS 2019-21 ADMISSION ELIGIBILITY
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 10 + 2 + 3) or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- Those appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Last date to provide proof of minimum eligibility criteria is 20th August 2019
- Minimum cut off in any one of the test scores – MAT, GMAT, CAT 2018, XAT 2019, ATMA, NMAT 2018, or HBSAT 2019
GITAM HBS 2019-21 Admission Process
- Short listing for GD and PI
The following scores are considered while shortlisting candidates for GD and PI rounds at HBS GITAM:
- Minimum Cut-off in MAT, GMAT, CAT 2018, XAT 2019, ATMA, NMAT 2018 or HBSAT 2019 exam
- Academic Scores – Class X, XII and Bachelors
- Work experience (if any)
- GD and PI Rounds
The candidates are tested on skills like:
- Business awareness
GD and PI will take place at GITAM campus Hyderabad, but in case there are 10 or morecandidates test centres will be in these cities: Vijayawada, Tirupati, Chennai, Bengaluru, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Kolkata, Ranchi, Patna, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Raipur, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, and Guwahati.
- Final admission offer: The candidates who are shortlisted based on the overall performance in the test scores, GD and PI rounds. Those who make it to the final merit list, their names are announced on the GITAM HBS’s website and offer letters are dispatched to their registered address.