XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) 2020 is likely to be held in January 2020. XAT is conducted by XLRI; it is a national entrance test for candidates who are seeking for admission in business schools. Students can seek admission in 150 management colleges through their XAT scores.
XAT is an online exam, which has two parts. Part A is a Multiple Choice Questions, which covers topics like, Quantitative Analysis, English Language, Decision Making, and Logical Reasoning, whereas part B has Essay Writing and General Knowledge. One would get 170 minutes to answer part A and 35 minutes for part B.
Exam Pattern: Before moving on to the XAT Registration 2019 let’s first know and understand the exam pattern.
- It is an online exam.
- Questions are MCQ types
- The exam duration is of 205 minutes in totality.
- Scoring Pattern of the exams:
- Every question carries one mark
- Every incorrect answer has a negative marking of .25 marks.
- If anyone doesn’t answer more than 12 questions, then there is again a negative marking of .25 marks.
Before starting your preparation for the XAT exam, please be clear about the syllabus.
Let’s have a look on the XAT syllabus below:
- Logical and Verbal Ability: This topic comprises of multiple choice questions where the questions are all about fill in the blanks, sentence correction, vocabulary, jumbled paragraph, sentence completion, critical reasoning.
- Decision Making: This topic also basically comprises of multiple choice questions where the questions are all about the case study, complex, situational decision making, and arrangement of data test, grouping and condition test.
- Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis: This topic also basically comprises of multiple choice questions where the questions are all about clock, direction time and sense, data interpretation, graphs, distance and height, arithmetic, geometry, algebraic function, 2D and 3D mensuration, probability, distance and speed, table, statistics, trigonometry.
- General Knowledge: This topic also basically comprises of multiple choice questions where the questions are all about history, sports, politics, states and nation, acquisition, business, merger, recognitions and awards, economics, society, international relations.
- Essays: In this section, a candidate’s writing skill is judged. They are given essays to write on economic and social events.
XAT application forms are available online on the XAT’s official website. Candidates can apply directly there with valid information. One must fill the form minutely and must be careful to avoid rejection of the form. Please be careful while filling your form, because once you submit the form, you cannot edit or correct any information after that.
The registration fee for the XAT exam is Rs 1650/- and Rs 300 for every course. For late candidates, the registration fees is Rs 2000/- and Rs 500 for every course.
Admin card is provided only to those candidates who will successfully fill and submit their application form with correct information.
The selection procedure for candidates is straightforward. Candidates will have to step by step qualify rounds, and after qualifying all the rounds, a merit list is prepared where the candidate will see the final result. The selection procedure of the candidates is as below:
- Exam: the candidates will first have to clear the entrance exam in order to qualify for the GDPI round.
- GDPI Round: This is the group discussion round where candidates have to participate actively and have to prove themselves with their knowledge in front of the group. After qualifying this round, the candidate moves ahead for the PI round.
- PI Round: This is the personal interview, which is conducted individually for every student. There they have to be very alert and statistical while answering the question because after qualifying this round they will come in the merit list.
- Merit List: Once a candidate name comes in the Merit List, they are entitled to get admission in the XLRI Management College and all the other Xavier’s Management College.
Candidates can see the result of the final exam in the official website of XAT; even the merit list will be showcased on the official website of XAT
Good Luck to all the aspirants