When we talk about the significance of essay writing in CAT 2012, we can say that cracking CAT and scoring good percentile is only half the battle won. After cracking CAT, you need to focus on the final hurdle – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
Essay writing is crucial so it would be better to understand the types of Essays as follows:
- Argumentative Essay – Argumentative essays are written to present an opinion which either favors or disagrees with a given topic. The writer of the Argumentative essay must prove his/her viewpoint by supporting it with convincing facts and evidences from the reliable sources.
- Autobiographical Essay – An autobiographical essay is a short description of the writer’s own life. It highlights the main aspects of your personal, educational, social and professional life.
- Biographical Essay – Writing someone else’s ‘Autobiography’, but called biography as it is not written by the concerned person himself/herself rather they their story written by other.
- Descriptive Essay – A descriptive essay gives the detailed description about a topic like person, place, or any incident.
- Narrative Essay – A narrative essay is used to narrate a course of events. We can share our experiences by means of the essay.
- Persuasive Essay – Persuasive essay is used by the writer to convince the readers to believe in his opinion.
- Pictorial Essay – A Pictorial essay is a collection of photographs that tell a story. The writers could add captions or text along with the photographs for a better description.
Write Essays as that only will help to be creative and get success at MBA admissions !